Monday, July 13, 2009

Get out of your pond......

Recently I attended an Executive Business Program at the University of Washington in Seattle. I packed my suitcase, jumped on a plane and stayed in a hotel for a week. I spent 10 hours or more EACH DAY listening to lectures, engaged in group discussions and immersed in nightly homework......what was I thinking?!?!? I emerged with a renewed sense of purpose in my business, a group of new friends that I could call on as resources and a spark of creativity I lost somewhere buried in the pile of papers on my desk. Participating in continuing education "gets you out of your pond" to experience, grow and challenge yourself. When the opportunity arises......take it. Even for just a day, a week, a month. The end result is well worth the investment.

No comments: